Did you know self-care is an important element in maintaining your optimal level of overall health? Yet, many of us are guilty of pushing self-care to the back burner due to a lack of time.
Self-care is defined as the practice of taking an active role in protecting one’s well-being, in particular during times of stress. Not only does self-care benefit our overall health, but it also has numerous other benefits that you may not even be aware of. Those include:
- Self-care helps boost your immune system and energy.
- Self-care improves productivity.
- Self-care improves relationships.
- Self-care reduces stress and anxiety.
- Self-care increases your self-worth and self-esteem.
Making self-care a priority can be challenging in today’s busy world. Below are tips for how to incorporate self-care into your daily work routine.
Self-Care Tips when Working
- Take a 20-second microbreak to stretch every 20 minutes
- Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day to stay hydrated
- Bring a healthy lunch and snacks to refuel your body
- Listen to music on your lunch break to give your mind a break
- Take a 10-minute walk during your lunch break
- Avoid working in awkward positions to prevent strain on your back and neck
Self-Care Tips When Working At Home
- Stick to a routine and set boundaries with your start and end time
- Create a separate workspace from your living space
- Exercise during your lunch break or “commute time”
- Be intentional about scheduling video conferencing with co-workers to stay connected
As an added benefit, the tips provided above are all low- or no-cost suggestions for incorporating self-care into your day. Committing to self-care not only improves your well-being but will impact your interactions with others.
Find this content helpful? Want to share it with your employees? If so, sign-up for our Pro Learn Educational Series which can be distributed to your entire workforce.